Hot water solutions
When there’s no hot water coming out of your taps, or your hot water pressure is terrible, or you want to be more energy efficient, it’s time to call FlowFix Plumbing.
No hot water flowing? More often than not, hot water cylinders can be repaired. The FlowFix Plumbing team has the skills and experience to efficiently find the problem with your hot water system and fix it, fast. Get in touch with us and whenever humanly possible, we will be at your home or business within the day. We put a huge emphasis on prioritising hot water repairs.
Hot water cylinder repairs across Auckland
- Valve / cartridge replacement if you have a leaking valve
- Repairing leaking pipework to or from the cylinder
- Replacing leaking cylinders.
Why do I have no hot water?
In most cases, the reason is electrical, such as faulty elements, thermostats, or isolating switches.
However, there may be a plumbing problem, such as a leak in a hot water pipe letting cold water feed into the cylinder or a faulty pressure reducing valve, or safety valve. There may also be problems with the tempering valve.
Why do I keep running out of hot water?
Your hot water cylinder may be undersized for your water usage, or your thermostat may be set too low. Under normal use, a family of four typically needs about a 200-litre capacity hot water cylinder to make sure they’re not going to regularly run out of hot water under.
Why is my water pressure so low?
It is likely you have a low-pressure cylinder. Older cylinders tend to be smaller and low pressure, whereas modern electric hot water cylinders are high- or mains-pressure and hold 180 litres or more. In this case, you may want to consider upgrading to a mains pressure system.
Your pressure may also be affected if the flow is impeded by a faulty shut off valve, a clogged filter or a faulty limiting valve or your pressure reducing valve is incorrectly adjusted.
FlowFix Plumbing has the expertise to efficiently sort your hot water crisis, fast. Call 027 265 4949.
Servicing hot water cylinders
If you are unsure if you require a repair, or a replacement, give us a call. We do checks and repairs to existing hot water systems as well as new hot water cylinder installations.
There are several signs that your hot water cylinder might need a service. For example:
- Hot water leaks – we have specialist equipment for leak detection and repair.
- The water from your hot water system is brown or rusty or contains sediment.
- The hot water system is making creaking, cracking or popping sounds.
- The water from your hot water system smells funny.
- Hot water is running out or the temperature keeps fluctuating.
- Hot water pressure is less than ideal.
Call FlowFix Plumbing on 027 265 4949 to book an on-site inspection. Most issues can be fixed. However, should we find a safety issue or discover that your hot water system is beyond repair, we can provide a quote for a replacement.
Local, well-known plumbers
If you’re looking for a local hot water repair company to sort out your hot water crisis, look no more. But why should you call us for your hot water cylinder repairs? Because our standard of work and service sets us apart from other north Auckland plumbing companies.
- We’re reliable. We’ll arrange a time that suits you and we’ll get there when we say we will.
- We’re organised. Our qualified plumbers come armed with the specialised tools for the job.
- Thanks to years of plumbing experience, we know what we’re doing.
- We provide quotes and estimates prior beginning any work.
- We have a Flowfix Plumbing 7-point satisfaction guarantee and if, for some reason, you’re not satisfied with our work, we’ll come back to fix it, no questions asked.
- Our plumbers are clean and tidy and will leave the work area in the same condition they found it.
Hot water cylinder repairs and installation is a job that should only be tackled by licenced plumbers. We will ensure that your hot water cylinder is set up and installed to NZ standards.
We can supply, install and repair hot water cylinders from the North Shore to Whangaparaoa and up to Orewa. Give us a call on 027 265 4949.
HIRE FLOWFIX PLUMBING LTD
Call 027 265 4949 for a plumber to fix your hot water crisis. We cover the North Shore, Whangaparaoa, Millwater, Silverdale, and Orewa. We will respond to your call quickly, and we are always professional and courteous.