We install and replace showers
Want a new shower? Not sure who installs showers? Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Talk to the experienced team at FlowFix Plumbing. Leaking shower? Dated shower? Dangerous over-the-tub shower? We’ll sort it. Your new shower will be installed properly, efficiently, and affordably. All our work is backed by the FlowFix Plumbing guarantee.
From shower screen or shower tray replacements to complete new shower installations, we offer full shower installation services in the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and Rodney.
Get your shower flowing like it should
We can install any shower, regardless of type or brand. Our experienced team can seamlessly install your new shower into the space of your existing shower, taking care of all waterproofing, plumbing, tiling. We can advise on the best products, from tapware to shower screens, and also organise the supply and delivery of your shower, taking the hassle from you.
We appreciate how stressful it can be on a household when a bathroom is out of action. We do our utmost to be super-efficient and work to your timeframe.
The FlowFix shower replacement process works like this:
- One of our plumbers comes to disconnect the shower plumbing so that the shower can be removed.
- The shower is removed, as is the lining, gib board, which will have to be replaced, (there’s no saving this), and the shower tray.
- Our plumbers check the floor and wall framing thoroughly for any water damage.
- If necessary, the team will replace any. At this stage, we will also add any extra framing needed for the new shower, fixtures and fittings, such as handrails or shelving.
- Our plumber will then change out the pipework for new fixtures, fix any existing leaks, if necessary, pipe everything out and install the shower tray.
- Then the team installs the Gib wall linings and plasters. Depending on the timing, the painting can be done around the shower lining area.
- The shower installer will then come in and install shower lining and glass doors.
- Finally, we can reinstall the rest of the plumbing, should we need to.
There are some things that make shower installation more complicated:
- If there is a concrete floor, potentially we may have to cut the floor to move the waste to suit the new shower
- If there are tiles on the floor on walls, we may need to cut them so we can fit and install the new shower. The issue may be finding tiles to match what you have already have.
- If there is underfloor heating, things can get a little tricky. Especially when we’re installing a larger shower or a different shape shower.
Generally speaking, for a basic shower replacement, all work will be done over 5 working days and everything will be ready for showering on day 6.
We can visit your home and provide a free quotation to replace your old shower box, bath, shower door or tapware. We offer very competitive rates.